Monday, February 2, 2009

Review or Bust

Ok I'll admit that while professing to review my trades I have gotten diverted by other more "pressing" things, such as tweaking my son's wii, immersing myself in work, and other things. I've even managed to regular read WSJ and the IBD newspaper. Time to face the facts, and this week I will review at least some of my trades, and makes some sort of post here. BTW as I write this late Sunday night / early Monday morning, it appears that we could be headed a lot lower again. However, I won't make the mistake I've made before, and that is to put in some sort of a market order for Monday morning based on the news right now, because it could change a lot between now and then, and because I don't want to contribute to amateur hour.

1 comment:

Denaliguide said...

The biggest problem I have hit when I have taken positions based on MO, is that there is often a natural reaction to the MO which drew the stock to my attention in the first place. Thus I have concentrated my attention on determining Reversals as they are happening, which usually provide the initial "SLINGSHOT" for MO style stocks. My basic WORKSHEET Screens are MONEY FLOW, EMOTION, VOLUME & POSITION. Once I get a confluence for these screens on stocks, we get pops like we did last week in ETQ.

Occasionally I publish some of these screens on my blog :
www.denaliguidesummit.blogspot.com.

Meanwhile, Good Luck.

DG