Monday, March 9, 2009

Nationalization or Dow 4000

It's funny - I haven't posted for a while and the "have we bottomed" post is still relevant. By the way.. the site I pointed to was a joke - it doesn't use artificial intelligence! Heck - no one knows when we will bottom - a bell won't magically ring. Traders are waiting for capitulation and it seems we just have apathy.

I think there is a reason though, why there is no bottom in sight. I have a theory that there are very powerful people, either bankers, friends of banker, and/or head of foreign states, that have too much to lose if the Citibank and Bank of America, our two toxic banks, are nationalized. A very intelligent person who has a background in finance told me today what amounts to the same thing - in order to protect the wealthy, the American taxpayer is going to have to pay 3x what it would normally cost before we heal. However in the process we all have to be boiled slowly like a crab being cooked. At some point even the wealthy and/or the government will realize this is all so bad that we have no choice but to nationalize the banks before the entire financial system goes to hell. At that point the damage will have been done. I hope to goodness I am wrong. The sooner this gets over with, the better.

I've been studying my trades and I have some preliminary findings. Will get back to regular posts on trading soon. In the end, the system is all rigged against individual traders, so the key thing is what rules & system can I put in place for myself to protect against loses, preserve capital, and make a few bucks along the way.

No comments: