Thursday, August 6, 2009

Still Papertrading

I am still papertrading. I think this whole rally since the lows of March is fake. The liquidity that the government pumped into Banks is being used to buy equities, so that banks can run up their own (now diluted) bank stocks. The media is in a frenzy about 'the recovery' - meanwhile everyday people like myself continue to struggle - they can't get a mortgage refi or modication, only those who have a clunker that meets the requirements can take advantage of "cash for clunkers" --argghgh. My neighbour had a vehicle to trade in and took advantage - and his property tax is next to nothing due to the flawed Prop 13.. arhgghg. Bottom line - sooner or later reality will set in, since the American Consumer is 70% of the economy.

I do intend to get back into trading heavily soon - I think the current environment with (surprisingly) low volatility is good for swing trading - finally. On Aug 15 I will be taking a local all-day options class from TOS (Think or Swim). Since no one is going to bail me out, I need to take control of my own future and nail this stock trading thing..

No comments: