Monday, July 12, 2010

On Day 40 of not overtrading

Ok well I haven't updated this blog in a while. I determined to never again trade emotionally, and try to get to 90 days of NOT overtrading, similar to my Overeaters Anonymous program, in which we must be abstinent from overeating for 90 days. I started on May 23, and I am only counting days that the market is open. On every day that I don't overtrade, I am considered "abstinent" or within the rules. This can include NOT trading at all, which is an active decision to stay on the sidelines. In fact currently I am on day 40 and I have made only 2 trades, both within my rules.

Here are there rules for me:


-     Only trade Stewie alerts during this period.
-          ping Stewie on email or chat for the grade on any alert
-          If it is GRADE A (includes plus or minus), and market conditions seem favorable, I will take it.
-          If thinks are rocky/violent/choppy/turbulent  I’d rather not take it.  
-          I will put stops in as suggested by Stewie ( not  the % loss thing).
-     I will use just <= 3k of capital (my emotion threshold)
-          I will sell when Stewie sells. If away from computer, must be within 5-10 minutes and max 10 minutes (use iPhone to trade ThinkOrSwim if on the road).


- Today was tough - I had to talk a very small $24 loss and I was fooling around with limit orders, then had to ping Stewie if really should sell as I had missed the alert, he said yes, and I did it will on the chat. The total time was within the 15 minutes. In the past, not selling very small losers has been by nemesis, as they always get worse. So I need to really watch this. I need to graciously and willingly accept small losses, ALWAYS. Winners will come if i trade by the rules.



No comments: