Sunday, January 11, 2009

Study & Review Mode

Well the end of 2008 came up too soon. It doesn't really feel like 2009 - more like the 13th month of 2008. Even more importantly, I haven't yet sat down to analyze what worked and what didn't in 2008. I also need to develop a strategy for 2009 and beyond, as others have done (e.g. see Market Monk's blog). I've put a hold on any trading (real or paper) until I analyze my past trades. I need to go back and see what worked and what didn't - analyzing individual trades as well as charting my own performance. It is going to be pretty depressing and not fun, but I need to do it. Apparently, many if not most traders do not review their trades and as the saying goes "those that do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them." So, while analyzing, I may not post for a while, but once I finish, I will have several big posts.

1 comment:

Complacent Panda said...

It might be depressing, but the results garnered from analyzing what worked and what didn't will definitely be uplifting.

Take care Momo.