Monday, June 1, 2009

GM - Government Motors

I've heard it said that the US is the largest hedge fund in the world. Well now we are going to gamble that the US government can run a car company. Good luck.

I personally am not doing too well - my father in law's funeral was a few weeks ago, and I am not over that. The mortgage rate I had tried to lock in never worked, and now rates are skyrocketing. The house appraisal I paid for out of my own pocket is now useless, and I am going to have to stop the process of finding another loan because I don't want to run up additional credit card costs, and the new HVCC rules require the consumer to pay for a new appraisal with their own credit card.

The good news is that I had the sense to not trade or do any stock market because I'd be too emotional. The recent rallies in the stock market puzzle me, even though I used to be the biggest bull. Very few if any business people I talk to can tell me anything good about the economy, yet the stock market is itching to go higher. I guess it is a trader's market for sure, and the old adage applies: "The trend is your friend until it ends." But watch out for that end. I just don't have a good feeling about the massive government debts, and the artifical reflating of all the banks - something in my things this will all end very badly.

I'll be offline for a while, until my lifes resumes normalcy and I am back to trading again.

No comments: