Thursday, June 18, 2009

Shelved the refi - Going back to Trading Soon

Well I found out the hard way that banks are being a PITA - those good rates area nearly impossible to get, even if you have good credit etc. For me I have 5.875 and was trying to get to 4.875 ... but it didn't work as rates have gone up and property values have gone down. We'll have to wait until the FOMC meeting with Ben next week to see what happens to mortgage rates in the future. For now, slowly getting back to following the market, reviewing my trades, and trading.

Update: Tried a refi a second time with Fremont Bank (http://www.fremontbank.com) They lead me to believe they could use my prior appraisal despite the new HVCC rules, but when push came to shove, they wanted to redo the appraisal. In addition, the fees for the Good Faith Estimate came back higher than discusses on the phone. Various agents I talked to told me things I wanted to hear like the application fee was relatively easily refundable. However it took me two weeks of calling and bugging management until I could get my $495 back. Caveat empor, and definately avoid them.

No comments: