Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The markets are mucking with us

I was at a work conference all day long and did not have a chance to look at the graph until the end of the day. Looks like it ended up being another "mutual fund Monday" - things drift gently higher and by the end of the day it looks obvious in hindsight -- but during the day itself at any one point it didn't look like a sure thing. I have some AAPL stock I need to sell soon and was going to just sell at 212.40 when I checked in but was glad I didn't when I looked later and it had topped 215.00. Anyway, it was early last week that I had anticipated this kind of a move on Monday, but alas just when everyone identifies the pattern as "mutual fund mondays" (e.g. on John Najarian on Fast Money) -- the pattern stops for a week or two, then comes back when everyones loses faith. Arrrghghg I am starting to understand why people like to compare the stock market to playing poker.

No comments: